Home remedies are great to treat or cure many problems that you may have. It is a quick, easy, and cheaper alternative to going to the doctor or the pharmacy, plus you do n0t have to worry about the harmful side effects of medications. Here are some common problems you may encounter and some easy remedies using items you probably already have at home.
- Tired eyes, dark circles under the eyes- Dip a bag of chamomile tea into hot water and let it sit for about two minutes. Cool it in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes then lie down with it over your closed eyelids until it comes to room temperature.
- Dandruff- Douse it with green tea massaging the tea into the scalp
- Diarrhea- Drink a cup of chamomile tea
- Sore throat- Gargle with warm salt water or mix together a clove bud with ¼ teaspoon of powdered ginger and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and infuse in 2 cups of boiling water and stir in 2 teaspoons of honey. Drink
throughout the day.
- Lice- wash hair with vinegar or Listerine
- Cough- Drink a cup of grape juice mixed with a teaspoon of honey
- Hangover- Drink plenty of water before going to bed and as soon as you wake up. Consume vitamin c.
- Body odor- Use baby powder, wear cotton clothes especially when you think you might sweat
- Nasal congestion- Irrigate the nose with contact lens solution or with warm salt water. Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in a hot steamy shower and inhale the steam
- Mosquito Bites- Rub laundry detergent on the spot and let dry
- Restless Legs/Charleyhorses/Muscle cramps- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to hydrate the body and loosen up the muscles. Drink a glass of tonic water before going to bed. Make sure your potassium level is not too low; eat bananas to increase your potassium. Use your fingers to apply pressure to the middle of your calves when it is spasming.
- Sunburn- Take a warm bath with oatmeal. Make a paste of oatmeal and water and apply. Use aloe vera gel. Take a milk bath.
- Corns- Soak the area 10-15 mins and apply an exfoliating scrub of water and salt or brown sugar
- Pimples/Acne- Apply toothpaste to the pimple. Birth control pills are an effective way to reduce acne. Apply witch hazel or tea tree oil.
- Whiten teeth- Rinse with peroxide. Mix baking soda with your toothpaste. Switch to whitening toothpaste and whitening mouth rinse.
- Toothache- apply a clove of garlic mixed with rock salt. Chew raw onion. Consume lime.
- Fever- take a warm bath, drink plenty of fluids especially water. Crush raisins and ginger, and bring to a boil and drink